Own Your Truth
A Mantra for Growth
As Popeye said, I yam what I yam. I am an athlete, a mama, a wife, an anatomy geek, an OG internationally ranked pro cyclist and a post-menopausal hardcore yoga flygirl with a serious potty mouth. And guess what? The older I get, the more I realize how much I want to keep growing. So I’m reinventing myself. Again. It doesn’t matter if you’re 19 or 90, in the best shape of your life or climbing out of an injury. Transitions are incredibly powerful. If you’re always arriving, you’re never leaving. If you’re always rising, you’re never shrinking. Let’s defy gravity. Let’s move with confidence. Let’s heal. Let’s get strong. Let’s focus. Let’s lift each other up and get shit done.
Leslee Schenk Trzcinski is not your average yogi. A self-described yoga coach with a decorated athletic history and unique yoga training credentials, her own practice has helped her unlock her athletic potential, cope with an aging athlete body, recover from numerous injuries and navigate motherhood, career and life. With Leslee, you always get 100% Leslee: salty personality and relentless passion, support and encouragement, heart and soul.
Leslee’s unique accomplishments and credentials include:
- PRO Cyclist: US national/Olympic development women’s cycling team, the 7-Eleven, Lowrey’s and Celestial Seasonings pro women’s trade teams; in residence Olympic Training Center
- 2-time world championship medalist, 3-time world championship team (road and TTT); numerous international stage wins
- Nike sponsored and featured athlete in original, CLIO-winning NIKE commercial, “Bo Knows”
- Colorado State Champion; Colorado Woman Athlete of the Year
US OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
- Appointed to a prestigious subcommittee of the US Olympic Committee (USOC) chaired by track great, Edwin Moses
- Athlete appointee as cycling national governing body representative to the USOC Athlete’s Advisory Council
- Started bike racing through triathlons — having won the few races completed, including age group category in the Eastern Regional Championships
- Nationally ranked, AAU swim champion – Cincinnati Marlins under Stanford’s Skip Kenney; Ohio State champion, All-American and record holder (that record has fallen but other pool records from the ’70s still hold today); team captain – undefeated Skidmore College women’s swim team
- Completed four marathons; qualification for 100th and 101st Boston
- Former PSIA associate certified ski instructor, on staff Keystone/Arapahoe Basin, Colorado; collegiate ski team member, Skidmore College
- Broke, trained, showed hunter/jumper thoroughbreds for many years; participated in 3-day eventing; riding my own mounts and as a ‘hired gun’ for others; hired consultant/aid for prestigious Saratoga Race Track annual yearling sales
- SAY soccer center halfback — championship Ohio team
BROADCAST COMMENTATING and JOURNALIST
- Journalist and broadcast commentator (cycling events – post pro competition). Broadcast mediums include: ESPN, Prime Sports Network, Tour Tracker, NBC Sports, NBC/ABC affiliates around US. Print mediums include VeloNews, Inside Cycling, Bicycling Magazine, Women’s Sports & Fitness and a ‘stringer’ for major national dailies.
CYCLING and TRIATHLON COACH
- Certified USA Cycling and USA Triathlon coach developing custom plans and overseeing training, recovery and nutrition needs