Also, give the gift of TUNE – no better way to say “love you”, “thanks” or “be well.” Click here and let’s make that happen.
- All classes one hour, unless noted below.
- Pricing structure and tips below schedule.
- See detailed workshop schedule also below.
- 9:00AM – CYCLE / YOGA 30/30 - Phenomenal way to start the week. 30 mins on spin bike for cardio then to the yoga room for core work, strength and flexibility. You won’t believe what we pack into an hour.
- 7:30PM – YOGA FLOW – (level 2/1) – A slow, alignment based vinyasa flow with both strength and flexibility postures. Class typically includes offers a few inversion/arm balance options.
- 10:15am YOGA IYENGAR STYLE (open, level 1)
- 4:15PM – YOGA ‘IYENGAR-STYLE’ (open/level 1) – easing in, held poses
- 5:30PM – HOUR of POWER – CORE (open) *Not* power yoga, but power to your body in the form of core strengthening focus. GREAT for the off-season for athletic body balance or anyone seeking greater posture, power, performance.
- 5:30AM – CYCLE/YOGA 30/30 – Kick @$$ start to the day – on spin bike for cardio then to the yoga room for core work, strength, flexibility. You won’t believe what’s packed into an hour.
- 6:00PM – INDOOR CYCLE – a great, 45+ mins on the indoor spin bike then a short but VITAL stretch for the hams, hips, quads and spine post-ride.
- 7:30PM – YOGA – ‘IYENGAR-STYLE’ – ATHLETIC RECOVERY (open/level 1) – a welcoming class for beginners to advanced practitioners. Flexibility focus.
- 10:15 - 11:30AM – GENTLE YOGA – A mild, welcoming practice of asana and breathwork - suitable for anyone
- 8:00PM [NOTE time change from 7:30PM]: YOGA LEVEL 1 with ZACK SARKIS – Iyengar style for anyone – starting yoga or an experienced practitioner
- no regularly scheduled classes
- RESTORATIVE WORKSHOPS – with KARA KARAOGUZ, New Moon Healing. 4th Fridays (Sept 27, Oct 25, Nov 22, Jan 24, Feb 21) – (Pre-reg req’d)- Other special classes and happy hours – stay TUNEd for details!
- 10:30AM - YOGA FLOW (level 1/2) – This class combines a slow, alignment based VINYASA flow with both strength and flexibility postures. Class typically includes a few inversion/arm balance options but all levels welcome with options offered. *EVERY 2nd SAT OF THE MONTH IS FEATURED GUEST TEACHER LEIGH PITIFER – core strength vinyasa flow*.
- 10:30AM – SPORTS - AND LIFE - RECOVERY (Floorwork and some focused standing poses for sports and life renewal and recovery) (open/all levels)
- 12:00pm (noon) YOGA LEVEL 1 – SPORTS – AND LIFE – RECOVERY (Floorwork and some focused standing poses for sports and life renewal and recovery) (open/all levels)
- 4pm – 5:15PM – YOGA KRIPALU-STYLE (open/all levels) - a slow-moderate paced class, incorporating asana, pranayama and meditation with KARA KARAOGUZ of New Moon Healing
what you should know for class
- mats and props are provided at studio, or bring your own
- arrive approx 10 mins early to settle in; new students need to fill out an intake form and meet the instructor
- come on a relatively empty stomach – do not eat a large meal approx one to 1.5 hours prior to class. A piece of fruit or energy bar is ok.
- bring water for before/after class
- bring an open mind, a courageous spirit and a restless curiosity to learn about – and listen to – your body
- Class drop-in: $10
- 10 class card: $75 (expires 6 mos from purchase; transferable)
- 20 class card: $125 (expires 9 mos from purchase; transferable)
- Workshops: $30 a session unless otherwise noted
- Private – one hour session – $60 / session Recommended private plan: a SERIES of 4, one hour privates for $160 ($40/each) – paid first session – includes handout of what we are doing so that you can continue practicing at home – consistency is key!
- Group session(s) – inquire with Leslee
how to pay for classes and workshops
1. cash, check or credit card - Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover.
2. utilize PayPal – secure, fast, easy. Go to PayPal.com and then go to “Transfer” in the navigation. Then under Transfer, select “Send someone money” and follow the instructions. The email you will send to is:firstname.lastname@example.org You and I will both get a confirmation from PayPal of the transaction
3. send check – inquire with Leslee for address and details 4. pay cash – at studio. refund policy No refunds for pre-paid classes or workshops unless you can secure someone to take your place. Special arrangements can be made in unique circumstances to transfer the payment of one workshop to another – dependent upon specific workshop content and sizes. Contact Leslee for more details.
workshops and special classes
1. Workshop: YOGA FOR CYCLISTS/TRIATHLETES. Take Your Cycling / Triathlon to the Next Level with Form and Function on the Bike.
Learning how to apply core principles of strength in a weak/underutilized core (mainly back and shoulders) and flexibility in the power muscles (quads, glutes, hamstrings) to ensure optimal power, efficiency, endurance and taking your summer 2013 to the next level. This is an extended workshop that spends 2+ hours on the yoga mat, then time on YOUR bike (on trainer) that you bring for form analysis, application of the yoga principles we review and how to ensure position is not hindering – but rather propelling - your ascent to the next level. **4** date options: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20; SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10; SATURDAY DECEMBER 7; SUNDAY, JANUARY 12. 12:00pm to 3pm. $45 includes large color handout. Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required. ADDITIONAL DETAILS HERE.
2. Workshop: INVERSIONS, ARM BALANCES and BACKBENDS, Oh My!
Never done them? Wanna do more? Can’t figure out how to nail one you’ve been practicing for a while. Whatever your situation, if you wanna go upside down or use some serious core muscles in some balancing on your hands – JOIN US! It is always fun. Recommend you don’t do a hard workout morning of. Some yoga experience required – ideally intermediate level or above. Contact me with questions. Stay TUNEd – another date coming late 2013 or Jan 2014. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required.
3. Workshop: “Stalking the Wild Psoas” (as well as the Piriformis and IT Band)
The 16″ hip flexor called the psoas (pronounced “so-as”) plays a KEY role in our lives – not just physically but even emotionally. This stabilizer is the only muscle in the body crossing from top to bottom (through the waist) and from front to back. Activity and (believe it or not) INactivity make the psoas stiff and needing to compensate for other hip flexor, hamstring and quad imbalances. Bring suppleness to this muscle and life is good. This workshop will explore traditional and many non-traditional yoga poses and mobility sequences that bring awareness to the psoas and how to both lengthen and strengthen it. We’ll review how the psoas is also a place we hold trauma, and connect with our ‘gut instinct’, further enhancing its important role as well as its relationship to the PIRIFORMIS and the IT BAND. RESCHEDULED – stay TUNEd for new date. 1:00 to 3:00pm. $30 (includes detailed four color handout with material covered and postures.) Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required.
Something for everyone
- Restorative – unparalleled, complete renewal. (every 3rd Friday of each month) with KARA KARAGOUZ. 6pm to 8pm. $30. Sign up at the studio or here. [Not included in workshop bundle]
- Yoga for Cyclists – Form and Function – first on the mat, then on the bike – extended version. Saturday, December 7. 1pm to 4pm. $45. Sign up at the studio or here. [Can be included in workshop bundle with incremental $15 payment.]
- Stalking the Wild Psoas – Part 2 – the connection to the diaphragm and impact on posture, overall good health, sports performance and breath. Saturday, November 16. 1pm to 3pm. $30. Sign up at the studio or here. NOTE: We will use the 3 Minute Egg prop (gray pictured below) in this workshop and I highly recommend purchase of the prop for great psoas release techniques learned. This innovative prop on sale NOW at TUNE. Inquire with Leslee for details.
- Inversions and arm balances – wheeee!! go upside down more – or learn how for the first time. All levels welcome. December 14. 1pm to 4pm. $30 or bundled.
- Hips and hamstrings – common injuries and common issues and how to navigate your way around them. Saturday, January 11. 1pm to 3pm. $30 or bundled.
- Pranayama (Breathwork) – as applied to yoga postures and general well-being. January, 2014. $30 or bundled.
- Core strength and reducing “energy leaks” for better posture and wellbeing. January. $30 or bundled.
- Shoulder Health – protecting this very mobile but very vulnerable joint during your yoga practice and in life. February. $30 or bundled.
- Spinal Alignment – back issues, knee injuries, general fatigue and other complications can be eradicated with awareness and change to posture and spinal health. February.
- Sports Posture – for safety, strength, alignment, power. Off-season re-balancing. March.
- Ayurvedic principles – nutrition, diet, fall/winter changes and how to get more out of your training with new tools. April.
- Building your home / field practice – regularity is key. Learn short sequences to do at home, on the field, in the gym, in the office. May.
OTHER GREAT TOPICS TBD – do you have an interest in a topic not here? Let me know.
2014 EVENTS I AM LEADING or INVOLVED IN – JOIN US!!!!
CHECK BACK SOON FOR OTHER POSTINGS.