Also, give the gift of TUNE – no better way to say “love you”, “thanks” or “be well.” Click here and let’s make that happen.
ALL CLASSES ARE ONE HOUR IN DURATION, unless noted.
- 9:00am 30/30 INDOOR CYCLE / YOGA - 30 mins of each – **CANCELLED MEMORIAL DAY – MAY 27**
- 7:30pm HEATED VINYASA FLOW – some inversions included in this fun alignment-based, flowing class - not recommended for beginners (Level 2)
- 10:15am VINYASA MIX – Slow flow with variety (Level 1/2)
- 4:15pm ‘IYENGAR’ STYLE – easing in; held poses; minimal or no flow (Level 1/2)
- 5:30pm POWER HOUR – not power yoga but focus on core + strength -inversions sometimes (All levels)
- 6:30pm GROUP CYCLING – outdoors. No drop, fun, road rides, approx 20 miles, some hills. Safe riding required, traffic laws followed. Waiver signature req’d.
- AM: Private sessions, sports team training
- 6:00pm 30/30 – INDOOR CYCLE - in cycle room + POWER CORE – in yoga room (30 mins each)
- 7:30pm ‘VIN’ + ‘YIN’ – Vinyasa + yin – strength/flow + flexibility/hold (All levels)
- 10:15am - GENTLE YOGA (a mild, welcoming practice) Suitable for anyone
– 12:00pm LUNCHTIME VINYASA (Level 2/1)
- 8:15pm CANDLELIT RECOVER / RESTORE / RENEW – Mainly on the mat, supported postures, easy movement, refreshing lift of mind, body, spirit. STARTS MAY 30 after Yoga at Park Ave Bikes May 2, 9, 16, 23)
- FRIDAY – “PSYCHO ZICO” FRIDAY, MAY 24th, 5:30pm – FLOW INTO THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. ACTIVE YOGA then a ZICO MANGO OR CHOCOLATE MARTINI!!!
- 9:30am VINYASA MIX (Level 2/1)
- 10:45am POWER HOUR - not power yoga but core work + strength focus
- 10:30am RESTORE / RENEW (Floorwork and some focused standing poses for sports – and life – renewal and recovery) (Open/All levels)
- 5:00pm RESTORE / RENEW – Mainly on the mat, supported postures (some restorative yoga), easy movement, refreshing lift of mind, body, spirit. (OPEN) Great start to your week!
- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW / NEED FOR CLASS
- mats and props are provided at studio, or bring your own
- arrive approx 10 mins early to settle in; new students need to fill out an intake form and meet Leslee
- come on a relatively empty stomach – do not eat a large meal approx one to 1.5 hours prior to class. A piece of fruit or energy bar is ok.
- bring water for before/after class; but ideally not during
- bring an open mind, a courageous spirit and a restless curiosity to learn about – and listen to – your body
Payment options and how to pay are just below, after workshop and special class listings
workshops and special classes
1. Workshop: Yoga for Cyclists and Triathletes. Take Your 2013 Season to the Next Level with Form and Function on the Bike.
Learning how to apply core principles of strength in a weak/underutilized core (mainly back and shoulders) and flexibility in the power muscles (quads, glutes, hamstrings) to ensure optimal power, efficiency, endurance and taking your summer 2013 to the next level. This is an extended workshop that spends 2+ hours on the yoga mat, then time on YOUR bike (on trainer) that you bring for form analysis, application of the yoga principles we review and how to ensure position is not hindering – but rather propelling - your ascent to the next level. SUNDAY, JUNE 2. 1pm to 4pm. $45. Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required. No special promotions apply.
2. Workshop: Learn 3 Easy, Fast Pre and Post Training Stretch Routines
Dynamic movement prior, static movement after. But who has time? You do if it is easy, memorized and something you can do in cleats or running shoes. Learn three examples of a routine pre and others for post RUN/RIDE/WHATEVER. It will make a BIG difference in your training and especially your recovery. Repeating the pose series in this workshop will ensure you do it right and mindfully and understanding what you are stretching. Handouts provided in the form of small laminated cards with stretch routines on them for easy reference! June 9, 2pm to 4pm. $25. Laminated handouts separate and required – $5 per person.Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required.
3. Workshop: Sports Psychology Tools – Mantras, Focus, and Breath Power
Sports psychology enhances the quality of training and performance in competition. This mini-workshop exposes some key tips and actionable tools to teach you how to train and become psychologically skilled – just as you train and become physically skilled – to perform at YOUR top level.
Your race > your results. Have it covered from ALL perspectives. Athletes who also use sports psychology perform beyond their expectations. Understand how to use mantras, gain improved confidence, control and the ability to relax and focus, are just a few outcomes. (Leslee worked with sports psychologists both at the national swimming level under renowned coach Skip Kenney (now Stanford head coach), as well as at the US Olympic training center while on the US Cycling team.) Saturday, June 1. 2pm to 4pm $25. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required.
4. Workshop: Sports Posture – Understanding and adopting it in all you do – your sport, your life. Very relevant to everyone, not just athletes.
Gain critical understanding – and then practical application – of the key muscles front, side and back that impact your body’s efficiency and effectiveness in your sport and throughout your daily routine. Endorsed by athletes and coaches from the NFL, pro hockey and USA Swimming to top triathletes, cyclists, runners and even golfers, the specific yoga postures that add to correct sports posture alignment are taking athletes to the next level. Years of hunching, rolling shoulders down and using the core impact how far we can go in WHATEVER sport we play or do. Correct all of it here and leave with newfound ways to kick some @$$. NEXT DATE TBD. 2pm to 4:00pm. $25. Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required.
5. Workshop: “It’s All About the Psoas” (+ some other hip flexors)
The 16″ hip flexor called the psoas (pronounced “so-as”) plays a KEY role in our lives – not just physically but even emotionally. This stabilizer is the only muscle in the body crossing from top to bottom (through the waist) and from front to back. Activity and (believe it or not) INactivity make the psoas stiff and needing to compensate for other hip flexor, hamstring and quad imbalances. Bring suppleness to this muscle and life is good. This workshop will explore traditional and many non-traditional yoga poses and mobility sequences that bring awareness to the psoas and how to both lengthen and strengthen it. And we’ll review how the psoas is also a place we hold trauma, and connect with our ‘gut instinct’, further enhancing its important role. Sunday, May 19. 2pm to 4:00pm. $25. Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required.
6. Workshop: Recovery Techniques (yoga, self massage, products, rest).
We all train – that’s the EASY part. The HARD part is balancing the pushing and striving with total and transformative recovery which is THE essential ingredient in taking your [whatever it is] to the next level. Honestly. Top athletes and top performers in business and life all point to their ability to stop, renew, recover – mentally and physically. Otherwise it is all mediocre at best. We’ll explore do anywhere/non-prop restorative yoga postures, easy self massage techniques, consider products/foods/fuel that restore the body, and how your breath calms and focuses the mind for deeper release. DATE TBD. 2pm to 4:00pm. $25. Pre-reg and Pre-Pay required.
2013 EVENTS I AM LEADING or INVOLVED IN – JOIN US!!!!
- YOGA AND RANGE OF MOTION AT PARK AVE BIKES
Join me for four consecutive Thursdays in May – yoga, mobility and range of motion for cyclists or triathletes or ANYONE looking to remold the body and gain greater symmetry, balance and awareness to combat overuse and strain. Customized for athletes who are not bendy flexible but need this kind of practice the most. Learn posture techniques off and on the bike and learn focus and breath techniques to take your sport to the next level. All in a fun, approachable, “safe” way. May 2, 9, 16, 23. $14 drop in, $45 for all 4. Register at Park Ave Bikes.
- CYCLOFEMME RIDE
Second year in a row we’ll be part of the International cycling movement (www.cyclofemme.com). Mother’s Day – morning ride. THREE route options - 15 mile FLAT loop (to Ononda Park), 25 mile loop with one big hill (to Bristol Lodge) and 45 HILLY miles (around Canandaigua Lake). Leave from TUNE yoga / Hardcore Canandaigua CrossFit. Snacks and libations after! Details forthcoming. Save the date!
- USA CYCLING JR DEVELOPMENT CAMP
Licensed junior riders (U-23 men + women) have a phenomenal opportunity in this regional camp in upstate NY – Canandaigua area (see general info here at USA Cycling) to expand riding and racing skills, learn from the top, elite coaches (I will be one of the coaches) and be tested to see if an invite to a national camp is your future. July 9-14. Contact me for details.
- TUESDAY NIGHT RIDES
Learning and laughing are the requirements of these fun, “no drop” rides I lead during the spring and summer. New to cycling or a veteran of the sport – men and women – all welcome. We ride SAFE, we learn new things around cadence, form, climbing/descending technique, and more. Starting May. (In meantime, come to indoor cycle! Schedule here.)
- YOGA CLINIC – CAPE COD – QUIET MIND STUDIO
Back again for the fifth time in this gorgeous setting to offer new ideas on the importance of core strength (front, side, back) and its role in sports posture and performance. Endorsed by athletes and coaches from the NFL, pro hockey and USA Swimming to top triathletes, cyclists, runners and even golfers, the specific yoga postures that add to correct sports posture alignment are taking athletes to the next level. Not to be missed. Saturday, August 3, Exact time TBD. Registration through QMS.
- MASTER’S ATHLETE CLINIC
Teaming with Marilyn Trout, Sage Riders founder and former Canadian national champion and Olympic cyclist, we will be offering a weekend of knowledge, experience and engagement for riders of all levels. Nutrition, recovery, training tips and expert coaching all with the backdrop of the Canandaigua lake beauty and fine local foods and wines. JUNE 27-30, 2013. Stay tuned for details of Colorado Springs, CO event, summer 2014.
- SPINNING DIVAS / GO ‘n GROOVE FINGER LAKES TOUR
Join me as I accompany the Spinning Divas through the gorgeous Finger Lakes areas of Cayuga and Skaneateles lakes – great company, awesome food and local top wines round out the amazing week-end. July 15, 16, 17, 18. Details here.
8. WINE COUNTRY RAMBLER with FULL MOON VISTA Bike Shop
Back for a second year after an incredible, far-exceeding expection of year 1, this event has it all. I will lead rides and conduct a pre-ride clinic on form, posture and tips as well as offer coaching and riding skill work prior to the event for registered riders. Sept. 14. 15. Register here.
- Class drop-in: $10
- 10 class punchcard: $75 (exp 6 mos from purchase; transferable)
- 20 class punchcard: $125
- Private – one hour session – $50 / session
Recommended private plan: a SERIES of 4, one hour privates for $160 ($40/each) – paid first session – includes handout of what we are doing so that you can continue practicing at home – consistency is key!
- Semi-private (2 people) – 4 class series – $280
- Semi-private (3-4 people) – 4 class series – $350
- Group session(s) (5 or more people) – inquire with Leslee
how to pay for classes and workshops
1. utilize PayPal – secure, fast, easy. Go to PayPal.com and then go to “Transfer” in the navigation. Then under Transfer, select “Send someone money” and follow the instructions. The email you will send to is:firstname.lastname@example.org You and I will both get a confirmation from PayPal of the transaction
2. send check – inquire with Leslee for address and details.
3. pay cash – in person only at studio. Class drop-in primarily. Workshops and special classes generally require pre-registration and pre-payment as they tend to fill.
No refunds for pre-paid classes or workshops unless you can secure someone to take your place. Special arrangements can be made in unique circumstances to transfer the payment of one workshop to another – dependent upon specific workshop content and sizes. Contact Leslee for more details.