Also, give the gift of TUNE – no better way to say “love you”, “thanks” or “be well.” Click here and let’s make that happen.
- All classes one hour, unless noted below.
- Pricing structure and tips below schedule.
- See detailed workshop schedule also below.
- 9:00AM – 30/30 CYCLE / YOGA (open, all levels)
Kick @$$ start to the day and week – 30 mins on spin bike then 30 mins of core work, strength, flexibility. You won’t believe what’s packed into an hour.
- 7:30PM – YOGA FLOW (level 2/1)
A slow, alignment based VINYASA flow with both strength and flexibility postures. Class typically includes a few inversion/arm balance options.
- 4:00PM - YOGA – IYENGAR – ATHLETIC RECOVERY (open/all levels)
For beginners to advanced practitioners – alignment, flexibility focus.
- 6:00PM – HOUR of POWER – CORE STRENGTH (open)
*Not* power yoga, but power to your body in the form of core strengthening focus. GREAT for the off-season for athletic body balance or anyone seeking greater posture, power, performance.
- 8:00PM - YOGA with ZACK SARKIS (open, all levels)
A wonderful practice for beginners to advanced practitioners.
- 5:30AM – CYCLE/YOGA 30/30 (open/all levels)
Kick @$$ start to the day – on spin bike for cardio then to the yoga room for core work, strength, flexibility. You won’t believe what’s packed into an hour.
- 6:00PM – INDOOR CYCLE (open)
A great 60+ mins on spin bike then a short stretch for hamstrings, hips, spine.
- 7:30PM – YOGA – IYENGAR – ATHLETIC RECOVERY (open/all levels)
For beginners to advanced practitioners – alignment, flexibility focus.
- THURSDAY – **NO CLASS MAY 4**
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM – YOGA FOR ATHLETES/ALL – HARLEY SCHOOL LITTLE GYM
Join Leslee in Rochester (Pittsford) for a class of core strengthening and extremity flexibility with varying approaches to that theme each week. Details here.
- 9:00AM - 30/30 CYCLE / YOGA (open, all levels)
Kick @$$ way to end of the week – 30 mins on spin bike then 30 mins of core work, strength, flexibility. You won’t believe what’s packed into an hour.
- 10:30AM - YOGA FLOW (level 2/1)
A slow, alignment based VINYASA flow with both strength and flexibility postures. Class typically includes a few inversion/arm balance options but all levels welcome with options offered.
*GUEST TEACHER *LEIGH PITIFER* is FEATURED 2nd and 4th SATURDAYS PER MONTH — teaching core strength yoga flow.
- 10:30AM – SPORTS / LIFE RECOVERY (open/all levels)
Floor work and some standing poses for sports – and life – renewal and recovery
what you should know for class
- mats and props are provided at studio, or bring your own
- arrive approx 10 mins early to settle in; new students need to fill out an intake form and meet the instructor
- come on a relatively empty stomach – do not eat a large meal approx one to 1.5 hours prior to class. A piece of fruit or energy bar is ok.
- bring water for before/after class
- bring an open mind, a courageous spirit and a restless curiosity to learn about – and listen to – your body
- Class drop-in: $10
- 10 class card: $75 (expires 6 mos from purchase; transferable)
- 20 class card: $125 (expires 9 mos from purchase; transferable)
- Workshops: $30 a session unless otherwise noted
- Private – one hour session – $60 / session Recommended private plan: a SERIES of 4, one hour privates for $160 ($40/each) – paid first session – includes handout of what we are doing so that you can continue practicing at home – consistency is key!
- Group session(s) – inquire with Leslee
how to pay for classes and workshops
1. credit card - Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover. Either over phone or at studio.
2. utilize PayPal – secure, fast, easy. Go to PayPal.com and then go to “Transfer” in the navigation. Then under Transfer, select “Send someone money” and follow the instructions. The email you will send to is:firstname.lastname@example.org You and I will both get a confirmation from PayPal of the transaction
3. send check – inquire with Leslee for address and details 4. pay cash – at studio. refund policy No refunds for pre-paid classes or workshops unless you can secure someone to take your place. Special arrangements can be made in unique circumstances to transfer the payment of one workshop to another – dependent upon specific workshop content and sizes. Contact Leslee for more details.
workshops and special classes
UPCOMING DATE – stay TUNEd
Workshop: INVERSIONS and ARM BALANCES. WHEEEE for MEEEE!
Never done them? Wanna do more or nail one you’ve been practicing for a while? Whatever your situation, if you want to go upside down or use some serious core muscles in some balancing on your hands – JOIN US! It is always fun. Learn key tools and tips to practice safely and enjoyable, pushing yourself to a new limit. Recommend you don’t do a hard workout morning of. Some yoga experience required – ideally intermediate level or above. Contact me with questions. $30 with color handout. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required.
SUNDAY, APRIL 13. 1:30 – 4:30pm
CLINIC: FORM AND PERFORMANCE FOR CYCLISTS, TRIATHLETES
YOGA AND ON THE BIKE POSTURE + PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
Learning how to apply core principles of strength in a weak/underutilized core (mainly back and shoulders) and flexibility in the power muscles (quads, glutes, hamstrings) to ensure optimal power, efficiency, endurance and taking your summer 2014 to the next level. This is an extended workshop that spends 2+ hours on the yoga mat, then time on YOUR bike (on trainer) that you bring for form analysis, application of the yoga principles we review and how to ensure position is not hindering – but rather propelling - your ascent to the next level. $45 includes large color handout. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required. DETAILS HERE.
SUNDAY, APRIL 27, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Workshop: Core and Midline Stability:
SIGNIFICANTLY impact your Yoga, Sports Performance and General Well-being
Called an “energy leak” in sports performance analysis and a hinderance (or secret weapon!) in taking your yoga practice and its benefits to another level. See how you “score” in key and critical core strength assessments and learn important tips and techniques to engage and strengthen. Good form, good posture, efficient body functioning all result. A not to miss for athletes and everyone. $30 includes color handouts – one for each topic. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required.
SUNDAY, MAY 4. 1:30 – 3:30pm
Workshop: Pranayama (Breathing) Techniques
(Special bonus: Intro of the Science of Ayurveda)
A methodical, approachable and basic way to see and understand the breath – its role in your life and why it is the the pivotal factor on the yoga mat.Different kinds of breathing can enhance your mood, your recovery, your yoga, your life. Explore the mystery of the breath here, where we practice Ujjayi, Viloma, Kapalabhati, alternate nostril and others.
Added bonus is a short but very informative exploration of the SCIENCE OF AYURVEDA (the sister science to yoga that identifies the elements in an individual’s constitution that – when out of balance – impact mind/body productivity and health. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to maintaining health by following the natural rhythms of nature. We will take a test to ascertain your “dosha” and learn ways to keep it in balance.) $30 includes color handouts – one for each topic. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required.
NEXT DATE TBD – stay TUNEd
Workshop: Restorative Yoga + Recovery Techniques (for Athletes/EVERYONE).
A transformational two hours of restorative yoga – both the postures and understanding the WHY behind them - that truly allows for recovery, renewal from daily life and sports training. Use of bolsters, blankets, blocks, sandbags and eye pillows enhance the neutral, supported postures that allow the body to sink into a deeper state of relaxation and calm the mind and the body. We will also review other techniques (self massage, Epson salts, breathing, meditation/focus, essential oils, etc.) that are important for recovery and pursuit of the next level – in your sports, or your life. $30 includes essential oil small vial. Pre-reg and Pre-pay required.
2014 EVENTS I AM LEADING or INVOLVED IN
- JUNE – SEPT – SUP YOGA ON THE LAKE!
- JULY – USA CYCLING TALENT ID CAMP. Details and registration here.
- JULY 19-21 – FINGER LAKES YOGASCAPES SUMMER RETREAT.
Details at www.fingerlakesyogascapes.com
- CANANDAIGUA CYCLOFEMME – Mother’s Day/May 11, 2014 – WE JOIN A DAY OF CYCLING RIDES ORGANIZED ALL AROUND THE WORLD. Free + fun!
Details at www.cyclofemme.com
Or facebook page
- RAPHA WOMEN’S 100, JULY, 2014
- 108 SUN SALUTATION YOGA PRACTICE/FUNDRAISER – EVERY EQUINOX/SOLTICE
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER, PWFL WOMEN OF DISTINCTION, MARCH, 2014
- OTHERS TBD