SageRiders Masters Workshop Series #1
SEPTEMBER 12-15, 2013 Canandaigua, New York
Enjoy a change of pace to be refreshed, equipped and inspired.
Experience: Be refreshed with fellow masters athletes with supported daily rides led by world class cyclists.
Knowledge: Be equipped from interactive lectures dealing with information specifically for the masters athlete not found on the bookshelves today with topics such as; nutrition, thermoregulation, hydration, training, recovery, bike fit and body health. And, a first-ever module will be focus on the menopausal female athlete.
Wisdom: Be inspired from the ‘SageNetwork’ of other Masters athletes and look inside their “wisdom toolbox.”
- Thursday Evening – Welcome with Canadian Olympic Cyclist Marilyn Trout, US National Team Cyclist, Leslee Schenk Trzcinski (TUNE yoga) and other guests
- Friday Morning – Session #1 Changing Gears: Training + Recovery of the Masters athlete (PRESENTED BY MARY EGGARS, IRONMAN TRIATHLETE AND AREA CELEBRITY) / Ride, run #1
- Friday Afternoon – Free time/Local activity
- Friday Evening – Dinner & Session #2 – Changing Gears with inspirational local athlete KEVIN ROYSTON (HIT & RUN VICTIM, AMPUTEE AND PHENOMENALLY DRIVEN ATHLETE)
- Saturday Morning – Session #3 – Nutrition & Recovery – including Fueling with Carbohydrate Sensitivity (PRESENTED BY AREA SPORTS NUTRITIONIST and PANEL) / Ride or run #2
- Saturday Afternoon – Free time / Local activity
- Saturday Evening – Dinner & Session #4 – Changing Gears: Riding the Heat Wave – Menopausal Module – (Men welcome too) – women in 40s can prepare, women in 50s and beyond can hear interesting data and tips for navigating the changes. Hear first hand accounts and ways women are dealing with it through nutrition, diet and lifestyle changes and awareness
- Sunday Morning – Session #5 – Changing Gears with the experts: Panel with Q & A/Optional Ride or Run #3
Who: All Master athletes (cyclists, runners, triathletes, ANY SPORT) who want a change, need a change or need to change.
Cost: $399 Early Bird (by August 1) $475 (After 8/1) – includes Thursday reception, Friday & Saturday dinners, Fully Supported Rides, Five Workshop Sessions, SageRiders Jersey Special Workshop Discount, Product giveaways, and more
Accommodation Recommendation: Miami Motel* wwwmotelmiami.com breakfast included – $69/night queen and $79/night Double Queen rooms with kitchenette (* highly recommended)
For more information: SageRider Workshop Series Coordinator Marilyn Trout 719.634.6221 Marilyn@TheSageProject.org Canandaigua Workshop Coordinator Leslee Schenk Trzcinski 585.362.6715 firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide a community of Masters athletes for encouragement and service to one another through shared experience, knowledge and wisdom as we change.
Changing gears is simple. Choosing the best one takes wisdom.